What personal data do we collect and why
When you register and use the Site, we may ask you to provide certain data, such as your contact details demographic and other personal information. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt in/out before completing your purchase. In addition to the information you provide we may obtain additional information from third party information providers including introducers, in order to provide additional contact and demographic information.
The principal purposes for which we process and store your personal data are:
* To enable us to carry out our business of an online questionnaire, data processing and hosting service for our members/clients;
* to introduce associated enquiries to such third parties who are appropriately authorised and regulated by the relevant body, and where express consent has been granted by the client and questionnaire respondent;
* to allow you to personalise products and services provided via the Site;
* to speed up the application process for products marketed by the Client or their Business Partners (for example, by collecting personal details we can pre-populate new applications and other forms on the Site saving you time in filling in those details);
* to monitor the usage, improve and administer the Site and the services provided on the Site;
* to enable us to conduct surveys and aggregate user profiles;
* to enable our clients to provide you with information on selected products and selected services that we think may be of interest to you (unless you have asked us not to do so) including those provided by third parties;
* to prevent or detect fraud or abuses; and
* In certain cases we may use your email address to send you information on the Service, our other products and services to enable us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
To whom do we disclose your information?
Security of your personal data
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data including the use of encryption technology, but cannot guarantee the security of any personal data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of dealing online over the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent or in wilful default. We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. All personal information provided is kept either on a secure server or in locked cabinets. All employees and data processors who have access to, or are otherwise associated with, the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal data received.
Retention of Information
Personal data will be retained for a period to enable us to provide repeat customers with the most efficient service and to enable us to comply with our legal obligations, such as money laundering regulations. Mergers, Sales etc If this business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisors, owners of the business and any prospective purchasers and their advisors.
You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us, which we will provide within a month of your request, subject to payment of a service charge. To maintain security we may require proof of your identity. We will amend or delete any personal data relating to you which is found to be incorrect or not relevant in accordance with the Act. If you are aware of any changes to your personal data we ask that you all notify us by speaking to a customer services representative on 0800 781 7570. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly upon receipt of a written request to
126a Ashley Road
If you need to know more about the Data Protection Act and your rights please visit the website of the Information Commissioner Office at www.ico.gov.uk
Aquarium Casebook and Aquarium Claimsbook are trademarks of Aquarium Software Limited